Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is a diagnostic tool that produces detailed images of the human body without the use of x-rays. These images are created using a large magnet, radio waves and a computer system to process the data. Procedures using MRI are painless and involve no ionizing radiation.
When it comes to MRIs, a stronger magnet delivers a clearer image. The Jackson Imaging Center's 3 tesla MRI, the only one in the River Region, is the most powerful magnet clinically available, delivering the high-quality images our radiologist needs to make a more confident diagnosis. Its advanced technology also provides a faster, efficient MRI exam – and its open bore design helps prevent that "closed-in" feeling for kids and adults.
Benefits of the Siemens MAGNETOM Skyra 3T MRI include:
- Available quiet mode, which can help create a calming environment
- Highest image quality leading to more accurate diagnosis
- Fastest scan time
- Most powerful magnet clinically available
- Large-bore scanner delivers more comfortable scan
- Quiet feature for sound-sensitive patients
- Audio sound system for a more relaxing experience